Hi guys, can anybody help me with this problem. My cat 320c stalls under load even after replacing the fuel filter and cleaning all the banjo fittings. The engine also overheats because of this problem and it often happens when I work with the buckets. Thanks
What's the condition of your engine, change all filters and post the type of your fuel system if its the common rail system let me know. If your engine is fine check your load sensing circuit
I have changed all the filters can you explain common rail system and how can i check the load sensing circuit. The engine and hyd. pump are both in good condition. The machine was overheating 7 months ago so i changed the injectors and the engine started to lose power under load. Its 2003 model
I would measure the fuel pressure right at the inlet on the injection pump and also check the return for air bubbles. Does the governor and aec work? What's the maximum boost you get under load? If you disconnect the powershift solenoid, does it behave differently?
Per, You might want to check out this thread. You've got plenty of experience on excavators ..........
If the hydraulic system is working correctly, it should be impossible to stall the engine, even with plugged fuel filters. I think you have something wrong somewhere else. Have you checked the computer for fault codes?
Thank you guys for you help. I will check first what you guys mentioned, wash the diesel tank and clear the diesel supply line. Will come back to update you guyz on any development.
We have had similar power loss and stalling issues with both our 320cu machines. Not overheating issues though. In our case the culprut was the right angle fuel hose fittings, both in and out of the water seperator. Crud was building up there periodically. Remove and clean, runs like a clock. I am thinking it will be the same set up with the standard 320?
Well once I tried to drain the water from the separator glass by unscrewing the plug but then it was loose. I had some gasket adhesive on it to stop the leak
hi.. All .. I just suggested to adjust your powershift pres. Thanks