Hi guys, My 320C has some sort of throttle issue, at position 10 (out of 10, the highest throttle setting) she is gutless, painful to use, but drop it back to position 9, and all power is returned to normal. Is this some sort of throttle motor calibration issue?
THAT's because someone moved the hi speed stop IN.. It has an internal governor adjustment & an external adj.. Your exceeding the external adj, & the internal it de-rating the machine.. The lever SHOULD BE hitting a "stop screw" when in full run position.. IF its gone?? it'll derate & if its screwed in to far>> same thing.. Just BACK IT OUT until you get the full rpms & lock it down.. A "hand held" tach is the tool to use.. Good luck. TPG
Serial number, please
Agreed. So many varieties of 320C out there it would make your head spin. Without a S/N it's impossible to know where to start and what type of control the FIP uses.
Impossible?? Hmm.. You google cat 320c & 80-90% of the information shows a Zexel mechanical injection pump.. .. if I'm wrong.. I'm wrong.. but its a place to start.. AND the information on how to fix the problem.. IF its a Zexel mechanical inj. pump.
Oh, pump guy, odds are that it's a 3066 Mitsubishi, but, is it the push/ pull governor control, or the pull only? If the serial number is given, I can paste the exact governor testing and adjusting. I think we all know that it's a Zexel pump
From my humble experience, I've seen quite a few 320C machines, and as far as I can remember, they ALL had the two-cable governor motor setup (i.e. deceleration is also controlled by a cable, not by return spring). I'm guessing that the vast majority (if not all) of them, are controlled by this type of system... To the opening poster: could you pls clarify what do you mean by "gutless"..: 1) with speed dial on 10, is it that just the hydraulics are lacking in speed / power, while the engine keeps the rpm high enough ..? 2) or, does the engine "bog down" / drop to insufficient RPM during high load conditions?
I’ve got the same problem , I’ll run in 9 and the Rpm drops down ,if I click it down it powers up for a while then Ramps down , Ive lost fuel pressure now and can’t get it to , start same problem yesterday , put a new filter in a ran fine for a couple of hours
Someone has to watch the throttle on the injection pump.. if its a mechanical inj. pump. {Zexel} Is the throttle pulling back..? if so, something has to be pulling it back.. Does the throttle lever rest on the hi speed stop?? Fuel pressure could be the banjo bolt underneath/below, the supply pump hand primer.. fuel inlet line.. OR a broken or weak overflow valve.
I did notice that the left cable was lose ,should be that way should or should both cables be tight , I did check the filter on the lower primer , It did need cleaning , i was able to run it with the back up switch for quite a while , weird when I was bleeding I losses a injector nut and the fuel seemed to dump back into the tank , is there a check valve that I could clean ? And was wondering if I was getting an air leak from the primer