Hi guys, My caterpillar 320D year 2010 japanese made excavator had starting problem so the technicians repaired all the six injectors and had them installed again. The starting problem is fixed now but it slows down after 10 to 20 mins. It also starts bogging down. I also tried to work on emergency mode but no use. The machine works absolulely ok for another 10 to 20 mins after I shut down the machine and start immediately. This issue is driving me crazy. Can anybody help me with it
most probably the injection pump becomes weak after working for few mins. but try to attach an electrical pump for feeding the main pump. So you will have an idea if the feeding is weak or not
The feed pump is also empty after a while and I have to pump it until its tight again. Thanks will try to get an electric pump for testing
Obviously sucking air somewhere, possibly due to a blockage in the suction line from the tank, or inside the tank.
I had a similar issue. There was some small particles in the tank that plugged up the outlet. I was also told that the insides of the fuel hoses had a tendency to collapse when they got old causing similar symptoms.
Yeah can be but I have cleaned the tank and suction lines. Im sure there is no obstruction
check in some models there is a filter inside the benjo bolt which is connected to the main pump after the fiilters. I will check in the picture to show soon
Its in C model. D models doesnt have filters in banjo
what happen this issue ?it solve or not...
Yeah replaced it with new injectors all six. Unfortunately there is a 50% chance on repairing it.
Fuel tank venting?
Its a sign of fuel restriction. Dont you have electric fuel priming pump . That pump can fail with partial restriction . I once experienced it on 320D 2L excavators several times