Hi All I am having a problem with a 320DL, PHX serial number. It has a code, FMI:4 CID:262DL: CDL. It says 5 Volt Sensor DC Power Supply: Voltage Below Normal. The machine will shut down like the key was turned off and will start right back up, run a little while and do the same thing again. I called the local cat dealer to find out what the 5 volt DC power supply is and what it does but they have to call cat tech support to find out as they don't know what it is either. Anyone ever had any dealings with this problem? Thanks!
Don't know anything about your codes, but usually the 5V line comes out of whichever ECU or ECM and provides power to sensors, several of which may be daisy chained on the same supply. Sounds like you have either an intermittent short in the harness or a a faulty sensor of some type that's shorting the line and pulling the voltage low.
PM me your email address and the full machine Serial Number. I'll flash you off a copy of the Electrical Schematic & a Troubleshooting procedure for the Code.