Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 320E – AC Instrument Panel Dead

Aubrey Phillips · 2022-08-05 13:06

I have a friend who has a cat 320e that the instrument panel for AC was blank so he swapped out the panel and the 5 amp fuse. It will work for approx 2 to 3 hours and will blow the fuse again. Does anyone have a wiring detail showing the circuit for the 5 amp fuse? If looking at the fuse panel it’s the fifth fuse down on the right side. I’m thinking there’s a wire rubbing somewhere but wasn’t sure where to start looking. I’ve included the serial number of machine. Thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2022-08-05 13:09

    First up kudos for including the Serial Number. Makes finding information far easier. Keep an eye on your messages. I'll send you the schematics.

  2. #2Aubrey Phillips2022-08-15 13:56

    Update: Ended up finding the coil on the ac compressor shorting out after it warmed up. Started out running for 2 hours before blowing the fuse but finally narrowed it down over the weekend.