Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320L hydraulic pressure at stick aux

Logan ยท 2016-09-16 07:21

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone knows if there's a difference between the bucket ram hydraulic lines and aux lines at the stick on cat320L? I'm running this splitter on aux and not real happy with the power.

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2016-09-16 12:00

    Straight 320L, no C or E etc.? Probably has port relief valves you can set or replace in the valve section for the aux functions. I think newer machines you can set flows and pressures on the monitor screen?

  2. #2Logan2016-09-16 14:45

    Thanks for that, this is an old girl, 320L or A, 1994, 9kk version. Without the $2000 Cat manual! Wish the previous owner had left it in the cab!

  3. #3lantraxco2016-09-16 16:01

    Can't find it, but the "B" models ran right at 5,000 psi, I would start with putting a gauge on it and then have a look at the port reliefs. It's entirely possible one line has a higher pressure than the other, thumb installations for example are often set up that way. Yessir, I love CAT manuals, and CAT loves to sell them!