Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320l stalling under load

latiff" ยท 2020-06-28 07:16

Am working on this 320l,boom will lift fast and strong, and I can the engine rev up to meet required horsepower, but bucket curl is slow ( piston protruding out of bucket cylinder). All of this is when the machine isn't carrying any load. But under load boom lift stalls engine seriously, bucket curl is still slow under load. I've already 1.checked the turbo charger, is ok. 2.I also unplugged and plugged back prv connector,and the prv hose got excited (I think it's working). 3.I've also tried lifting a load in back up mode,same case .Engine doesn't smoke much during stall. I couldn't get serial number Anymore ideas would help

Replies17
  1. #1DEMLONE702020-06-28 14:21

    serial number ?

  2. #2latiff"2020-06-28 16:07

    I couldn't get serial number ,I need guide to access service mode to check rpm and power shift pressure. Do you have directions on how to?

  3. #3anuradha2020-06-28 22:01

    Hi, Yes you should check whether rpm sensor is working or not and prv solenoide as well.and power shift pressure also should check.if the both components are good then you will have to check the ecm signal to the prv. First you should enter the machine data mode to check things and some times you will have to do the prv sweep test and some times recalibrate the prv as well. For all this i can send you documents so place your e mail here and if you can find serial number as well.

  4. #4anuradha2020-06-29 00:07

    Hi, I found your e mail from your profile and i have sent some useful informations to it which you can refer to find out this cause of issue.

  5. #5Twitchman2020-06-29 01:03

    I had a similar problem- back blew fuel line- must have been pickup filter in tank plugging. I do have another issue- i have hydraulic chatter on left joystick - gets real loud and annoying the more it warms up

  6. #6latiff"2020-06-29 14:32

    3XM03417 is the serial number I tried some suggestions on it,no lift pump filter,fuel filter was clean But I observed something, when i unplugged the prv socket, the situation didn't change. Machine still stalls when the lifting ram piston are almost fully extended. Same as when prv was connected, crawling and swinging is flawless. Sticking out (stick ram piston retracting) ,and lifting is still a problem. Couldn't access service mode, depressed power mode and alarm cancel button simultaneously but it wouldn't go into service mode. Did I do it wrong?

  7. #7anuradha2020-06-29 19:43

    Lattif, Did you find the document i sent to you ? All the necessary informations are there in that document. However to enter the data mode first you should press alarm cancel button first . When it's indicator light flashing(blinking) by still pressing alarm cancel button now you should press power button. when power mode 3 indicator light flashing now you should realease both keys and now you should have entered to the data mode. Make sure both the backup swithes should be in auto position to enter the data mode.

  8. #8latiff"2020-06-30 13:25

    Ok,I've seen it Thanks, it went to spam folder I'll let you know how it goes

  9. #9newguy2k32020-07-02 22:22

    Is the bucket slow in both directions? If you slowly move the bucket does the engine lug more than if you move the lever all the way?

  10. #10latiff"2020-07-07 18:08

    Ok team, I adjusted the main relief now engine doesn't stall while lifting, but stick out function is still lazy ,wouldn't even move the bucket when it comes in contact with a heap of sand. As for the bucket, it opens fast (emptying itself) but closes ( shovels in sand) really slow

  11. #11newguy2k32020-07-07 18:24

    What are your pump pressures at low and high idle not moving any functions. Does each track work fine?

  12. #12anuradha2020-07-07 23:29

    Hi, Did you calibrate the prv ?

  13. #13latiff"2020-07-08 16:40

    I haven't calibrated prv yet,seems a bit confusing. But both track moves fine, but it doesn't steer( holding on foot lever to move one track alone), would simply bug the engine down. Am thinking it's a pump problem, because the only thing working is boom up ( because it's a 2 pump function), swinging and tracking are working (because it's not against gravity) . Everything else is under duress. Without calibrating prv, nothing changed in backup mode, if prv was the issue it should have worked in backup mode first

  14. #14bulldog al2020-11-23 23:29

    I have same problem with my 320 stalling under load. seems like the rpm is not as high as it use to be at full throttle. can I get the info sent to me on recalibrating the PRV

  15. #15anuradha2020-11-24 10:24

    Hi, "bulldog al" Welcome to the forum. This is a eralier discussed thread so it is better if you open a new thread under excavators mentioning your problem.

  16. #16anuradha2020-11-24 10:29

    Hi, Make sure to post your machine's serial number in the post. Then it will be easier for us to help you.

  17. #17Mbar2020-11-24 10:45

    Just to be on the safe side did the pump switch get knocked into backup mode.