Can anyone tell me what year or s/n Cat began building the 321 with a DPF? Thanks.
You'll have to be a bit more specific. There are 7 different Serial Number prefixes of 321D LCR....... I had a brief look and it appears as though all of them were pre-DPF.
Oh, I didn’t realize, thank you for the reply. I thought that by 2015 all the machines over 75 HP had a DPF. It is a Model 321D LCR Serial Number MPG00989C Thank you for any info.
Nothing emission-related on that particular machine at all as far as I can see. Build date 6th February 2014. The excavator experts may be able to offer you further information but AFAIK emissions equipment only started to come in with the E-Series excavator product line.
Thank you very much Nige.
Nige is correct the D series 321's have no DPF or DEF system. I have an '11 321DL Tier 3 and a '18 325FL Tier 4 with all the emissions add on's. The 325FL model has both DPF and DEF. To the best of my knowledge the E series have a DPF but doesn't use DEF but I'm not certain as I skipped the E series model years.
As I recall Cat provided the space for the Tier 4 final stuff on the E series but did not use DEF. It was called Tier 4 Interim. It was a good time to skip. Lots of leaking exhaust gas coolers if I remember correctly.
John that's the reason why I skipped the "interim" stage. Fortunately we didn't need to replace any equipment during that time. So far our DEF 325FL hasn't given us any problems - "knocks on wood".
You REALLY shouldn't ought to have said that ............