Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 321D

Pat Holroyd · 2021-07-16 16:20

Cat 321d shut down and “eng oil level low” pops up on the screen. Cranks and won’t start. Plugged a computer in and I’m getting : “user defined shut down” “injection disabled” and “no engine speed”. Oil level is good on the dipstick.

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2021-07-16 17:19

    Sounds like someone flipped the emergency shutdown switch. It looks like a missile arming switch, flip up red cover and throw toggle to shut down. Toggle needs to be down to run. Usually located on the seat base, accessible from ground level. "Oil level low" warning will not stop the engine from starting.

  2. #2heymccall2021-07-16 17:26

    #47...Cat calls it a "secondary shutdown" switch.

  3. #3Pat Holroyd2021-07-16 17:26

    Thanks for the reply. I did find that the switch was in the stop position, I flipped it back down and it started for maybe 5 seconds and **** back off so now I’m back to square one. I’ve been messing with that toggle switch for the past hour. Machine is stuck in the road and it needs to move ASAP.

  4. #4heymccall2021-07-16 18:00

    Now that switch is in "run", what does computer say?

  5. #5Pat Holroyd2021-07-16 19:57

    Still says the same things as stated in the post