Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 322BL track issue

avtechjreeves42 ยท 2024-10-24 21:46

Hello again, friends. I have another issue I have been tasked with looking in to. My friend's CAT 322BL, the one you all helped me fix the monitor on (serial 2ES00290), was taken out to work. After 2 days of normal operation, the morning of the 3rd day it was started and immediately had the following issue: 1 track continuously in gear, with no operator touching the controls (all other track controls normal) The travel beeper immediately and continuously sounded It was assumed the the travel control valve under the cab floor was at fault and changed. It was not the fix. I was requested to try and get feedback on probable causes so we could get the machine back to work asap. Thank you for any input!

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2024-10-24 22:00

    The spool that operates that track may have its centering spring loose, from the retainer bolt backing out. But, I'm not sure that would activate the alarm.

  2. #2avtechjreeves422025-01-26 14:50

    Thank you, the mechanic had narrowed it down to that shortly before I relayed your information. Good call!