Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 324Dfm, Stroker to loader conversion

Hallback · 2022-11-01 23:35

Looking to peel the delimber off my 324 & put a logging boom & grapple on or an excavator boom on. Does anybody know what other booms fit that machine? Or anybody know where there would be any booms for sale?

Replies7
  1. #1John C.2022-11-02 00:24

    There were plenty of modifications to put that stroker on. Hydraulic circuits were changed and boom cylinders were shortened I know for sure. I don't know what was changed on the wiring. Anything can be done. All it takes is time and money. Most people I've talked to over the years felt it was better to just buy a logger and sell the stroker. I've been away from the main stream for a few years now but will ask around.

  2. #2Hallback2022-11-02 08:53

    Ya, I will probably go back to my original idea of cutting the stroker off & making a road changer outta it.

  3. #3Truck Shop2022-11-02 16:25

    Steve is just finishing moving all his equipment/junk out of the old mill yard plus stuff had in Dayton I didn't know he even had. Worn out.

  4. #4Hallback2022-11-02 16:47

    Where is he packing all to?

  5. #5Truck Shop2022-11-02 17:52

    He has a small piece of ground just down the road.

  6. #6Coaldust2022-11-02 18:24

    I spent a couple years doing Denharco conversions on 300 series Cat machines during the grunge craze in Portland. Very invasive modifications. I’m trying to recall, I believe Cat sent us the machines with a modified boom mount. It was moved back on the carbody. I think the counterweight was different, too. Even some hydraulic mods. That would be a helluva project, converting one into a hoe.

  7. #7Plebeian2022-11-03 20:10

    The Axis Forestry Cypress Gen 5 electronic system has been put on the old Canadian Treeking stroke delimbers. Cypress gen 5 on old waratah 622 Great West's 'show and shine' on a used Madill 2850 These guys used a compact track loader/ drone for the light line winches.