Good Day I have a CAT 325C Excavator. Has been working fine now for about 2 years. The hydraulics is a bit slower normal. Probably about 75% speed of normal cycle times. I cant to seem to speed it up. The pressures both pumps are about 350bar under normal conditions. I have a new problem now. When the machine is cold it works fine for about 2 to 3 hours with no problems. When the machine gets hot, the hydraulics bogs down the engine, sometimes all the way until it switches off. I have spoken to some guys and they say it could be the horsepower control setting on the hydraulic pump that needs to be adjusted. I am not not clued up about this and don't know how or where to adjust this. Please can someone confirm if this feedback I'm given sounds right or maybe it is a other problem? Thank You
In order to get anything in the way of accurate information you will need to supply a Serial Number. There must be 50 different models of 325C kicking around out there.
Once we know what you have, we can have you check for fault codes. In the mean time, put the machine in hydraulic override, and retry. One on/off toggle switch puts it in fixed output, and the momentary toggle changes the rpms up and down.
Before you do anything with any of the hydraulics or electronics you need to start at the basics. Air and fuel supply, check and perform any maintenance that may have been put off like changing hydraulic filters, checking linkages and establishing cycle times on the machine functions. Check the cheap and easy stuff before you start doing things that might cost you money that didn't need to be spent.
If that machine uses a 326-1644 water separator and the drain isn't fully closed, it will suck air. If the drain is difficult to turn, replace the drain or the whole water bowl. It's gotten to the point that I now carry a spare bowl and drain plug (bowl comes with plug). Definitely need a serial number. And, the manual override I siluggested above will rule out any electronic pump control issues.
I just had this exact issue on my bobcat e85. My fuel cap was rusty and plugged up the check valve that let's air in the tank
Hi The serial number is CAT0325CPCRB01742 Thank You
Hi The serial number is CAT0325CPCRB01742
Hi I will change the filters in the week coming and check the other things you mentioned. Thanks for you advice
Hi Thank you for the feedback. You say it plugged the check valve. Please excuse my ignorance. Where is this check valve located exactly on the machine? Would you be able to explain to me or maybe take a pic showing where it is? Thank you so far for the help. Appreciated.
I'm not sure on yours or if you even have one but mine was in the metal fuel cap. I had two screws to pull out and then it all came apart. They were on the underside of the fuel cap. Ill get a picture when I get to my jobsite. They were small maybe 1/8" holes you could see from the underside. When I started I tried pushing them with a screw driver and they wouldn't move. They had rust and guns in them. There were two, one was for letting air into the tank which was my plugged up one and one is for letting air out of the tank. Not saying that is your problem but something to look at. Mine would run fine when cold then a few hours later would stall out under any load.
Fuel cap repair kit 9X2205...check valve circled.
Did you get a chance to look into the check valve?