Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 325cl oil pressure sensor replacement

aktheraja ยท 2015-09-02 13:53

Pls I do need help on my cat 325cl. Replaced the old oil pressure sensor with the one I bought from cat company but excavator not working. What should I do?

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2015-09-02 16:06

    Need a little more than that to help you. Serial number to start, and then which oil pressure sensor, and what exactly do you mean by "not working"? That covers a lot of territory. Let's start with this, does the engine run?

  2. #2Donsid2015-09-06 03:15

    Cat 325cl engine CAT 0325 CLBMM 00262 will not start after trouble shooting found a defective oil pressure sensor 1946726. Tried to get replacement from cat dealer but the sensor is Obsolete so d new upgrade 2244536 was purchased and installed. With the new sensor the engine is not starting yet. My question 1.will this sensor prevent the engine from starting 2. From d look of thing it shows the fuel line is d problem how can I trouble shoot this fuel line

  3. #3Nige2015-09-06 04:15

    You have what's known as a HEUI engine. The oil pressure measured by that particular sensor is what operates the fuel injectors. The signal from the sensor goes to the electronic control for the engine and when cranking the engine on the starter only if the pressure is above a certain value will the electronics activate the injectors. If the sensor or the wiring between the sensor and the electronic control is defective the engine will not start. I suspect that when cranking the engine on the starter you have no smoke coming out of the exhaust, correct..? While it is possible that your old sensor is/was defective I would have thought, based on experience with these engines, that the most likely problem was either in the injectors or in the high-pressure oil pump that supplies them with oil. I have a few questions: - 1. I see the machine was built in 2002. How many hours are on it..? 2. Do you know if the injectors and hydraulic pump have ever been replaced? If yes how many operating hours do the new parts have since the most recent replacement..? 3. Before the engine got to the point where it will not start at all were the symptoms that you were having increasing difficulty starting it when the engine was hot but it would start OK when cold..? 4. How did you come to the conclusion that the 194-6726 sensor installed in your engine was defective..?