Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 325D loading A25’s in the Alps

joispoi ยท 2012-05-13 14:02

I had my camera with me when I was on vacation in the Alps last summer. I took this clip with a Canon G11. I had my 1 year old son on my back in a backpack carrier while I was filming- you can hear him in the audio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thLP6AGbXeI

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies4
  1. #1Tyler Abernethy2012-05-18 00:05

    Those CAT325D's sure are big aren't they? Looks like they will have that pile knocked out in no time! The camera quality looks pretty good too, is that a digital camera, or camcorder?

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2012-05-18 01:49

    Nice video. The operator looks like he is afraid to get a full scoop. I did not see a single pass better than 3/4 full, and he sent the truck away about 3/4 full as well. I wonder why? It looks like either a rookie who doesn't know any better, or an hourly hire who is milking the job.

  3. #3JTL2012-05-18 02:03

    He's doing an ok job a hoeskinner. Just needs a good leader to show him how that hoe should be run. Im thinking hes trying to keep from spilling material into the pond, but if he was like me, he would tell the two ass necks standing to the right to get outta the way, so I can swing a full scoop that direction!

  4. #4joispoi2012-05-18 13:16

    I think it was an hourly job (in a fancy ski town). The pad was in place and set to grade and then they went back in to modify it. I think they were underloading the ADT's because of the constant climbing and descending between the dumpsite and the job. They were running about a 6 mile loop over paved roads. They had at least 2 adt's waiting at any given time. As for the camera, it's a canon G11 digital camera. I bought it to take pictures. I didn't know that it had a video camera built in when I bought it. I can't believe how good the video quality is on it.