Cat pin: JHJ00414 . I have been working with a cat technician and making progress. But we still get an intermittent engine derate/ loss of power. Fuel lines, and wiring harness are new. Now i am wondering if the fan drive or the sensors that are tied to it can cause this problem. The gauges tell me the machine cools as it should. Any help will be appreciated.
If you get an engine derate there ought to be some Codes coming up.? The Codes are accessible using the operator monitor panel. It does not require ET.
Are you talking about a ECM controlled derate? Loss of power can be many things.
The only thing that comes up and it is not everytime the machine has a problem=36-94-4, and 36;1785-4. It acts like it is ecm derate because i dont lose fuel pressure or hydraulic pressure the engine speed just slows down.
I dont have the ET tool to see but my monitor doesnt even have an event code every time it starts having problems.
Both of those relate to the engine. CID 1785 is for the inlet manifold pressure sensor. If it logs a -4 Code the following happens - "The ECM will flag the engine intake manifold (boost) pressure as invalid data and a default value is used. The engine may experience low power. " See the attached troubleshooting procedures. I'd suggest to troubleshoot the 1785-04 Code first but the troubleshooting procedure for both of them is pretty much the same.
Thank you for the help. New harness and 3 new sensors later.Boost, Atmospheric pressure, fuel pressure sensors . I was trying not to throw parts but when they are all bad.. So now my question would be.... would the fan clutch (viscous coupled fan drive) be seperated from the speed sensor?
Did the results of the inlet manifold pressure sensor test show that a harness and 3 sensors were all bad.? I don't doubt you but it's a bit hard to believe.
The fuel pressure sensor and absolute air were bad. And the wires on some others were exposed. . It seems like there still might be an over fueling issue but I’m still researching how to test that. Thank you for the help