I’m working on a Cat 336 the serial number is CAT0336ECRZA00244 And it’s having an issues with the stick now It operates perfectly normal when the machine is stationary. But if you’re walking the machine forward or reversing, and also swinging around at the same time, the stick function will quit working momentarily and the service light will flash on then go out. When the light comes on a 439-5, 438-5 and a 1119-5 comes on in the dash momentary I’ve replaced both the hydraulic control valve warm up solenoids on the valve bank hopping that would fix it, but that didn’t help. Any help and advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
If you can get any of the Codes Active the attached troubleshooting might give you some direction.
04 error codes are displayed on your machine; they have nothing to do with the stick's operation. Model 336E H is a hybrid excavator. Its hydraulic system is extremely complex and complicated to repair! Go to its service menu, status section, to check how the parameters are displayed when it gets an error, as shown in the attached table.
Can you be more specific about which action: stick-in or stick-out is not working?
When the stick quits working it won’t stick out or in. Till the codes clear
After rechecking the hydraulic schematic carefully. I found out that the error in the warm-up solenoid valves can cause the stick can not function. I suggest that you should recheck the wiring harness, connectors, etc...which related to those solenoids
To be clear. Valve 1 is for "boom" and valve 2 is for "stick". That means if the machine reports both errors 438-5 and 439-5, then not only is the "stick" not working, but the "boom" is not working either.
Please refer carefully to page 23 of the instruction file that Mr. Nige sent above (specifically regarding FMI 5).
I should be back on the the 336 tomorrow afternoon or Thursday if everything else works out. And i Will check that out then. Thanks yall for the help. Sorry I’m slow at responding. Everything decided to break at the same time and I’ve been swamped
I am trying to help Justin with this issue. I made it out to the machine today and ran it for about an hour. I was never able to duplicate the issue; However I did find some issues that the operator did not disclose. While sitting on the machine with the drive motors to the rear. - Left track will not back up at low idle and weak going forward. While traveling and booming down the track works. While traveling and booming up the track stops. While traveling it stops when engaging stick out or in. - Right track will not travel forward or backward while moving the stick in or out. Will not travel backwards while raising the boom up. But will travel when lowering the boom. I hope this may add some insight into the issues we are having. Any advice would be appreciated.
HeavyEquipmentForums
Not sure if I’m sending you down a rabbit hole with this one. If I remember correctly, on ours, the left track, swing, stick and bucket curl were sometimes sluggish. Pulling up the main pump pressures and running the boom full speed (using both pumps for that) the pump that ran those functions was sluggish to come up to pressure. That’s an easy test to see if it might pertain to you.