Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 345 swing drive seals

Plummer194 · 2024-06-27 20:33

Hey I have a cat 345 I’m rebuilding the 2 swing drive boxes. Seals are shot. Can anyone tell me what way the 2 pinion seals are installed it’s 26 in the diagram. I’d go off the ones coming out but they are non existent

Replies7
  1. #1James Sorochan2024-06-27 21:19

    Plummer194. Put up the serial number of the machine and I'm sure Nige maybe able to help you.

  2. #2Plummer1942024-06-27 21:48

    serial number is AGS01197

  3. #3heymccall2024-06-27 22:50
  4. #4heymccall2024-06-27 22:52
  5. #5Plummer1942024-06-28 06:05

    Thanks I do have sis but according to the parts list for each of the gear boxes the bearing retainer has 2 pinion seals I’m just wondering if they go the same way

  6. #6Nige2024-06-28 06:41

    The installation orientation of the lip seals for the pinion is right there in the parts manual illustration. They even blew it up so you could see it better.......

  7. #7Plummer1942024-06-28 09:52

    Thanks Nige, I totally forgot I can get a better detailed image in sis on my pc thanks again