I have a 345B Cat (4SS011287) with a Genesis 1000 shear attachment. When the hydraulic oil warms I loose the swing function. If I press the travel pedal the machine will then swing again. After maybe 10 - 15 seconds the swing will lock up again and pressing on the travel pedal will release it. Holding the joystick over to swing when locked does not load the engine. I have also noticed that the engine RPM also decreases slightly even while operating different functions like boom up or down, stick in in or out, until I press the travel pedal, then the RPM will increase. One thing I think is going on is the hydraulic fluid is filling one of the swing gear boxes. I would imagine that is probably a seal on the swing motor leaking, but thought I would throw it out there just in case there may be some other way the hydraulic oil would back fill the gear box.
No replies yet.