Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 345b rear camera – switch power in rear

Jeremy Whittaker ยท 2022-11-16 22:25

I'm trying to install a rear camera in my 345BL. I need switched power so I don't run the batteries dead. I was planning on just running the cable all the way to the cab and grabbing switched power. But I figured I would post on here and see if anyone knew of a more accessible location in the rear already that would be easy to tap into?

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2022-11-16 23:12

    The purple wire on the main power relay. It's about 8 ga. Just be sure to use a fuse near.

  2. #2Jeremy Whittaker2022-11-16 23:19

    Do you have a pic or diagram of the main power relay? Where's it located?

  3. #3heymccall2022-11-16 23:38

    The large gauge purple wire in the top circle, or at the buss bar. That is 24v when the key is ON. If you need 12V, unfortunately you'll need a converter on that purple wire, or you'll have to connect to the existing 24to12v converter in the cab, that supplies the AM/FM radio and power outlet.

  4. #4Jeremy Whittaker2022-11-17 09:41

    Got it. Thank you.