Hi everyone, Have a Cat 345BL with a serial number of 4SS00277. Just recently acquired this machine that has been sitting for several years. Problem I am having is the machine will only idle. Throttle control does nothing, and the numerical throttle display stays on 0 no matter the position of the controller. The machine will increase and decrease throttle using the switches on the back of the armrest. Started looking at the schematics, but wondered if anyone has any experience that can help me narrow it down. Thanks.
Are you referring to the 10-position (I'm guessing 10) rotary knob? Looks like this: Google search for 106-0107 At least that's the part number for my 325B and it appears to be a common switch for Cat machines of that era. If you're turning it up an the display number is not increasing, I wonder if the rotary switch connection came loose behind the panel or has a bit dirty connections. You should feel the 10 distinct detent positions when you turn the knob. If not, it might be stripped or broken internally.