My dad's cat 345c won't crank. He used it the day before. Key turns on the monitor and everything like normal just won't engage the starter. I've checked the key switch...start position the start wire is getting 24 volts. I think that orange wire 307 goes to the safety switch relay. Also at that relay there's a green 306 I think that goes to the starter relay in the cabinet by the batteries. White wire 154 goes to the safety switch. The safety switch has continuity in different positions depending on if it's up or down. That's about where I'm at now. I'm not sure where the wires go from the switch. Is something supposed to energize the safety switch relay from the switch? Thanks everyone. I've read a lot of posts on here but first time posting hoping I can help out my dad.
Try jumping the starter to see if it actually works
If you want an electrical schematic to go tracing power then post a Serial Number.
Yes it works if you jump the starter. I'll get the serial number tomorrow.
Pjw02075
Timer relay fuse was blown. Found some bare wires in the harness that i fixed. Hopefully it doesn't keep blowing fuses. Some of the wiring coating is very brittle and just crumbles. Is that from heat?
Depends where the wiring in question is located. Engine compartment or around the pumps on a machine that is almost 20 years old - quite likely. See attached.
Thank you