Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 345C swing gear

user123 ยท 2016-06-28 22:51

I have major play in my cat 345C swing gear I believe its called. The play is between my upper structure and undercarriage frame that the machine swings on. Can anyone give me advice on repacing this? I'v watched it done on other smaller machines. Does anyone have a clue what it would cost to hire it done? Also what would I harm running it the way it is? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1rmllarue912016-06-28 23:11

    Hey user don't keep running it it will damage swing drive box that machine might have two swing drives that can be harmed pretty straight forward job unhook rotary manifold and raise the house up change bearing and away you go. If you truck it to pa I'll change it for you some where around 80 hours at shop rate give or take.