Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 348-5430 multi-tool

yvettessherpa ยท 2013-05-16 14:06

Does anyone know what a new one that has never been used is worth? Thanks for your help with this.

Replies11
  1. #1yvettessherpa2013-05-17 13:50

    Here are some pictures.

  2. #2d9gdon2013-05-17 14:25

    It's a little under $4000 new from Cat dealer. The part number has updated to 368-9910.

  3. #3yvettessherpa2013-05-17 14:29

    This one doesn't have the chip. It is just the unit itself. It has never been used. Thanks for the info..

  4. #4yvettessherpa2013-05-17 16:50

    bump

  5. #5koecon2013-05-30 13:38

    Is it for sale? [email protected] Mike

  6. #6yvettessherpa2013-05-30 15:15

    Yes it is.

  7. #7Nige2013-05-30 17:07

    If you buy a tool without the chip and then go to your local dealer to get it programmed and up to speed don't be surprised if they are less than co-operative - seeing as they didn't sell the tool in the first place.

  8. #8koecon2013-05-30 19:43

    I agree that the dealers will respond that way and it's actually cheaper to send it to the company that makes it for CAT and have it upgraded to a 368-9910, which is why I paid only $200.00 for the one I have. Just the pressure sensure group for ot costs $2500.00! How much are you asking for this one?

  9. #9Coondog2013-06-19 22:09

    What all does this do? I have been using cat ET for a long time now. I know this multi tool probably does multiple things, but does it take the place of cat ET? Or is it just used for measuring voltages and pressures or what? I might have to call up and get one.

  10. #10Nige2013-06-19 23:21

    This is not a replacement for ET. It's a replacement for 7 former separate analogue tools in one small package. It replaces: - 8T-1000 Position Indicator Group discontinued 8T-2700 Blowby/Air Flow Indicator Group discontinued 8T-5200 Signal Generator/Counter Group 8T-5300 Engine Timing Indicator Group 9U-7400, 9U-7401, and 9U-7402 Multitach II, 4C-6500 Digital Thermometer Fuel Flow Monitor

  11. #11inthedirt2013-06-24 07:32

    So is it a lab scope? If so, how many channels and can it be adapted to other applications?