I have a cat 349f I'm trying to connect to, when I try to connect i get this error. I've tried to run it in non dual mode but according to ecm it says it requires both. I've got the dual c9nnector but there isn't a j1939 to connect to. Am I missing summn?
In the CAT ET settings, have you selected preference (check the box) for "Enable Dual Data Link Service." ? And what COM Adapter do you have?
Yes sir and it and is adapter 3
I can assume that there are errors in the CAN or CAT Data link between ECM. Are there any active errors in the excavator monitor? It is also possible that the COM adapter cable itself is faulty, or there is poor contact in the diagnostic connector. And just in case, check the firmware of the COM adapter, perhaps you need to install the latest firmware version.
If you need an electrical diagram of an excavator, please write about it.
I would really be happy if you can help me with that diagram! Yes there are faults on the monitor, 1 engine fault, 1 for counterweight not attached (it is attached) and the machine is not charging also. Only way to start it is by manually energizing the starter solenoid with power probe. It only idles. The connector AFAIK is good I've used it before on a dozer.
Post a Serial Number then...........
The electrical diagram is already in your personal messages. Counterweight and charging errors should not affect the connection. Although in some cases low voltage in the electrical system may affect some ECMs not connecting to the CAT ET. Try checking for active codes in the excavator monitor while the engine is running.
What version of ET do you have? Anything prior to 2021 doesn't work well with dual data links.
Check power at the diagnostic connector. You have to have 24V on the power and a good ground. No power- start checking fuses When CAT ET tries to connect the adapter draws power and ground from the those pins. It then starts checking each form of network for activity including the American Trucking Association (ATA, your 349F does not use it), Cat Data Link (CDL, an older network still used for certain applications) and CAN/J1939. What networks it gets a response on it then talks to the ECMs on. You will not get a successful connection if you don’t have that power and ground on the connector.
Thank you!! I tried the monitor and all it shows is a message saying there's an engine fault but not giving me anything else. Someone asked what version of ET, I have 2021 version of ET.
By the picture of et it’s showing only the engine ecm. Is the hydraulic ecm not coming up as an option to view. If it’s not you will need to check the hydraulic ecm power supply.