Hey guys!! Went to a coal mine this weekend and found this 375
i seen one today exactly the same...bucket was massive. Wouldn't fit in the back of a tandem tipper. I also seen a PC800 on the same site.
I think it's time Blaschak gave that thing a cleaning!
Thats a cool old 375, but I agree with stretch..it needs a bath!
It was very very greasy and there was coal dust everywhere.
In most mines now you are not allowed to wash anything unless you have a wash rack. Makes it hard to keep up on equipment.
What the heck - it looks like a man. Some of these guys around NYC actually WAX their machines....that's weird, if you ask me.
MSHA Rules, I assume?:beatsme
EPA rules, and they apply everywhere. The mines and large companies actually enforce the rules, while smaller companies that are not in the spotlight with inspections by MSHA, EPA, AQMD, and the rest of the alphabet soup of agencies still get by with it because no one notices. If you are going to wash a piece, the legal way is to have 100% containment of ALL fluids used. Any grease, oil, or other contaminant has to be dealy with as hazmat. Leads to a lot of dirty machines, unless you spend the time and $$ to follow the rules, or wash it and hope to not get caught.
What's wrong with wax? I washed/waxed my machine 2 weeks ago and wipe it down every day. And I'm just an operator for hire, not my personal iron.
What size is the machine?
We have a few guys that will take the time to wax down their 345's, hey taking pride in equipment, even if you don't own it, isn't a bad thing is it? :beatsme
HI special tool, If you want to have a nice clean machine that is easy to wipe down the best way is to keep it waxed. Rigs that are big enough to have a catwalk and require an oiler are easy to keep clean as the oiler isn't usually busy after the machine goes to work.