Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 385b T UHD with 60m demolition boom

geert-yke · 2006-05-21 05:36

At the moment a demolition company from the netherlands (Beelen) ordered a cat 385c UHD with 60m telescopic demolition boom. The undercarriage had been modified and the telescopic demolition boom is made by a special company. At the moment the base machine with short boom is ready and the telescopic boom is ready within 3 weeks. Here a few pictures.

Replies33
  1. #1lamarbur2006-05-21 07:50

    Are you sure something like this can even dig out a small gold fish pond?:bouncegri :bouncegri

  2. #2Squizzy246B2006-05-21 08:59

    I think it probably has its own Gold Fish pond inside there somewhere!

  3. #3LaLaMan2006-05-21 15:04

    Some paint job

  4. #4rino14942006-05-21 19:40

    Beautiful machine. I hope to see some pics with the boom attached.

  5. #5Dozerboy2006-05-21 22:01

    X2:yup

  6. #6Wolf2006-05-22 12:52

    and to see it in action wrecking some buildings and doin' it's destruction thing!!!

  7. #7digger242j2006-05-22 15:26

    Geert, is that where you get involved? I'm curious as to how much Cat's own engineers are involved when a machine is so specially adapted. Do the attachment manufacturer's engineers work hand in hand with Cat, or are they pretty much making all the design decisions on their own, knowing how the base machine has been built, and what it's capable of?

  8. #8Orion2006-05-23 08:32

    Neat lookin job.....from my experience, outside engineering companies seem to do a better job modding machines compared to dealers....looks to be the case here....

  9. #9geert-yke2006-05-23 14:50

    The demolition boom is made by a specialised company in the Netherlands. Called Rusch B.V. The cat dealer got the request from the demolition company and they designed together with Rusch the demolition boom and the required modifications to the machine. Cat´s engineers are not involved in the project at all. When the machine is in action with the boom, I will post some photo´s. Geert

  10. #10geert-yke2006-07-23 07:45

    The machine is ready for his first jib. It´s one of the the largest demolition machines of the world. It reaches to 61m and has a weight of 150 tonnes

  11. #11MVFD2006-07-24 01:49

    any pictures with it extended? Also whats the hourly rate on that machine?

  12. #12farmerted442006-07-24 02:31

    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy

  13. #13Dozerboy2006-07-25 21:08

    Cool, but I wouldn't want to run it super sticks are bad enough and I wouldn't feel like duct taping binoculars to my head.

  14. #14HeyUvaVT2007-01-19 19:47

    Whats the cost of a modified machine like that ...as if the base 385 isnt $$ enough...that is one beautiful piece there

  15. #15345cl2007-01-19 23:41

    i bet greasing that machine every morning would be fun,,holy crapos!! watch for airplanes nice lookin' machine thow

  16. #16OzDozer2007-01-20 00:10

    Some great pics here, on a French website, of the demolition of an industrial smokestack with a long-reach excavator .. you'd sure want some good footing for the excavator, when that jaw is up 165' .. http://photostp.free.fr./aff.php?code=stpr2&deb=1 Europe and the U.K. are way ahead of the rest of the world, in the development and population of long-reach excavators for demolition. Many demolition jobs in Europe and the U.K. can't be done with explosives because of the rapid encroachment of buildings to the demolition jobs .. so the long-reach excavator comes into its own .. This following site has about 1500 pics of long-reach excavators at work on demolitions .. some of these machines and jobs are quite eye-opening .. http://www.highreachdemolition.com/ (click on 'Photo Albums') .. Here's a 984 Liebherr at work, with a 165' reach (picture courtesy of Nigel Rattray) ..

  17. #17farm_boy2007-01-20 00:13

    What.... only 61M and only 150 tonnes:laugh?? Check this bad boy out from Kobelco!! http://www.equipmentworld.com/apps/news/articleeqw.asp?id=50918

  18. #18Countryboy2007-01-20 01:11

    You mean like these:

  19. #19MetalDragon_boy2007-01-20 05:53

    This machine seems pretty big to. Anyone know what it is? http://www.vantunen.org/hrd/1114.jpg http://www.vantunen.org/hrd/1115.jpg http://www.vantunen.org/hrd/1116.jpg http://www.vantunen.org/hrd/1117.jpg http://www.vantunen.org/hrd/1118.jpg http://www.vantunen.org/hrd/1119.jpg http://www.vantunen.org/hrd/1120.jpg

  20. #20OzDozer2007-01-20 08:55

    MetalDragon_boy - That's a specialist demolition machine, an Italian PMI-150, with an operating weight up to 150 tonnes, and a boom reach of 53 metres (nearly 174' for our metrically-challenged, U.S. friends .. ) PMI is a large Italian Co., specialising in demolition equipment, amongst a host of other things .. http://www.pmi-spa.com/en/products/demolitions_machinery_booms/pmi150.htm

  21. #21farm_boy2007-01-20 09:37

    Nice one CB!!:drinkup :drinkup :thumbsup I have seen those pic's before, but I could seem to find 'em. Pretty cool how the ops station kicks back to see up over 200'. Keeps from getting a neck ache from looking up all day!!:wink2

  22. #22digger242j2007-01-20 11:29

    I'm not metrically challenged when it comes to meters. They're just about the same as a yard. And as everybody knows, there are 100 yards on a football field. :wink2

  23. #23MetalDragon_boy2007-01-20 12:25

    Thank you OzDozer. But it was not big enough to beat Countryboy LOL Although I have seen pics of a 350 (metric) ton demo machine...

  24. #24345cl2007-01-20 19:23

    try this link out its pretty neat:yup its not long but its prtty neat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhNIXFoaz8

  25. #25mflah872007-01-21 11:45

    Testa just bought a Komatsu PC1250 with the same attachment with a hammer on the end. I don't want to know what the note a month is on that damn thing.

  26. #26okey2007-01-21 12:23

    Whats up with the work basket up high on the hydraulic crane? Is the operator up there running the 385 remotely, or a video camera aiding him inside the 385 cab?

  27. #27MetalDragon_boy2007-01-21 12:27

    I guess they spray water from there.

  28. #28okey2007-01-21 12:35

    Yup! I'd say u'r right.

  29. #29Demoguy3242007-07-20 05:36

    hey, that's pretty cool, that's my video! Yep that man lift is spraying water, a pretty common trick. Eric

  30. #30JimBruce422007-07-20 22:27

    Welcome Hey Demoguy (Eric ), I don't know if anyone else has said it, so welcome to the forums!:usa

  31. #31Gavin Phillips2007-07-21 12:38

    Most of the long reach excavators that I've seen tend to be the medium sized CAT 350L/LME models. These usually have one or two large 55 gallon (at a guess) water drums mounted on the counterweight. To the rear of the excavator attachment is a pair of water jets which negate the need to have separate equipment for dust suppression. I have only seen a few 350L's and a single Fiat-Hitachi FH450 being used as far as these demolition rig's go. They are pretty cool to watch.

  32. #32Hans Karlsson2008-07-26 03:07

    homesite

  33. #33cat 3852008-07-26 14:04

    cool---does the 385 for demo cab tilt back like on the link belts?