Caught this in action- Also got some videos of her loading a roll off that I will post the links to when I upload them. Enjoy
What are they building? Bridge Base?
Outstanding pics from Cat328 as usual! :usa :drinkup
Very cool, what are they building? I've always been intersted in that kind of marine work. It's facinating how they deal with the water. Awesome Pics!!!
Well done, these pictures.
Thanks guys!!! He's demolishing those old concrete piers, there use to be, i'd say, 15 more of them surrouding the bridges base. I don't know what there building but part of the site is a enviormental clean up. I want to go back again and catch him hammering about the water- would make some awesome pictures!
nice bit of kit that one....a bit bigger than the 312 i've been on for the past month
where exactly is this???? ....i know the company i work for is doing some demo up that way ,in hastings on the hudson i think, and part of it is envromental, and pretty sure the equipment would be all new rentals
There's Weeks marines. This is in bayonne
what a sweet, big powerful hoe. where is that taken? who is the contactor with that job? owns or rents the equipment?
New Jersey, Weeks Marine, Owns im guessing since there decals are on it
That's some good pics Cat 328d lcr. Those piers are know as Coffer Cells and Arc Cells. And yes, he's removing the material within the cells for cell removal which will involve removing the sheet piling, be sure and get some pics of the piling removal. The Coffer Cells are the round cells, the Arc Cells are the arch of piling that joins two Coffer Cells, you can see the Arc Cell piling that joins the coffers in your pics. Nice pics.
I learn something new every day. Thanks!!
Your Welcome. Concrete filled Coffer Cells are usually for more permanent applications, like for barge tie off or to protect areas/structures from accidental collision from boat or barge. Here's a project I worked on when the Corp of Engineers were building new locking chambers on the Ohio River is southern Illinois. I was involved in the early stage of the project when the coffer dam was built installing and maintaining pumps it the coffer and arc cells, as well as pumps on the land and floor when the water was pumped out of the coffer dam. When you were on the lock floor (river bottom) the water of the river on the other side of that coffer dam was 90 feet above you. A lot of water!
They were surrounding the Bayonne Bridge in NJ/NY. That looks like a large job!
Yes, it was. The coffer cells extened out into the river for 1/4 mile, then turned down river for 1/2 mile, then back to shore. And, having water 90 feet above you was a thought. If the cofferdam was to fail while you were on the floor, it would have been a Moses and the Red Sea kind of thing. Aside from that, the job was a bird nest on the ground, great worksite. :cool2