Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 416

dnienke ยท 2016-01-04 13:36

I just bought a cat 416, it's set with john deere controls, how to I change it to cat

Replies5
  1. #1DGODGR2016-01-04 19:24

    Which model 416 is it (A series I, or II, B, C, or D)? I don't have much experience with the newest (D series) or the early versions but I bet the answer is the same for all. The best way is to find the appropriate linkage to make the conversion. The linkage is what transmits your input at the joy stick to the valve body. You should be able to find what you need from a salvage yard or from a used Cat parts dealer (like 2nd Steel). If you try the old re-route of the hoses I think your machine will have the wrong hydraulic priorities.

  2. #2Roddd2016-01-05 06:09

    Have you checked for the control valve in the wheel well of the right rear tire? That's where mine is located on my 446D.

  3. #3DGODGR2016-01-05 09:23

    This is the case for pilot control machines (420 and up). I don't think that the 416s were ever equipped with pilot controls.

  4. #4Bob/Ont2016-01-05 09:47

    Don't reroute the hoses. The linkage has a few parts that are different get them and install. Later Bob

  5. #5Roddd2016-01-05 16:11

    DGODGR, I believe you are correct sir. Nice catch.