I'm working in Puerto Rico with a company that uses Cat backhoes for brush removal. Frequently the thin screen grill is damaged and sometimes the radiator. Is there a heavy duty grill for these machines in production or has anyone had experience making one? Thanks LP
HD Grill for brush work I do the brush clean-up and logging with a JCB 214, fitted with a GRAPPLE BUCKET hooked to a custom fitted Quick-tach adapter. It is a great way to do storm damage clean-up in a hurry. You only need to leave the operators seat to cut lengths with the chain saw. And check to see how bent up the grill is. Once I had a fence rail push through the light screen grill and pass over the top of the radiator and push the hood open. Fortunatly, it some how missed a very expensive oil cooler and radiator. I looked into buying a sheet of perforated quarter inch plate, but that was in the hundreds of dollars. I found a shop that does water jet or Lazer cutting and that charge was by the hour for what ever you wanted. I also thought about welding a guard out of stacked and spaced angle iron with no direct path through but plenty of ventelation space. Any type of pertection will be better than a hole in the radiator. Good Luck. L