Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416 B Brakes not releasing

Fatty432 ยท 2021-10-11 22:51

I have a 1994 416b the brakes will tighten up when I drive it a short distance, the pedals get rock hard, Could it be that there is too much fluid in them or maybe a bad master cylinder not releasing. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance. Jeff

Replies4
  1. #1Chrisso2021-10-12 04:29

    Welcome Jeff. Can you isolate the problem to the LHS or RHS? Or are they both the same. Checking brake pressures could help. Need a s/n to help with that. There's two 416Bs to choose from.

  2. #2Bluox2021-10-12 08:48

    Try pulling back on the brake pedal to see if it is sticking on. Bob

  3. #3Fatty4322021-10-12 11:54

    Thanks for the info, I haven't tried both separate, I will do that & see if it is isolated to one pedal. Serial number is 8SG06845... Parts order plate Z... PS ran it for 30 minutes today in 1st gear pushing snow, didn't touch the pedals & it ran ok.

  4. #4Fatty4322021-10-12 11:55

    They are at the top and rock hard...I'll separate the pedals & try like Chrisso sugested back in a bit.