Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416? S/N SPV04140?

kshansen ยท 2020-05-19 11:40

Came across a guy on another forum looking for help on his 416 Back-hoe and he says the S/N is SPV04140. I tried looking on SIS and there are 30 different prefixes for 416's but not the SPV. Just wondering if anyone would know if this is a Grey market machine or just a case of miss-reading the S/N. I guess he has for now got it working again and the problem was related to a plugged suction strainer in the transmission. I did ask him if he figured out what was plugging it and he seemed to be happy it was working thinking it was just over due for cleaning! I did suggest he joins this forum so who knows he may stop by sometime!

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2020-05-19 13:20

    Could be an engine S/N..? That is an error a lot of owners seem to make. Usually inputting an engine S/N into SIS takes you to the machine S/N but unfortunately not for Perkins-engined backhoe loaders....

  2. #2kshansen2020-05-19 15:41

    Thanks for that information, I'll see if I can contact him and let him know.

  3. #3Nige2020-05-19 16:11

    And the worst of it all is that in SIS there are no (or very few) engine S/N prefixes listed for the BHL product range.