Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416 series II w/ Case controls want to change back to Cat

pwking13 ยท 2015-08-28 12:46

Ok here's the deal I bought a 92 Mdl. 416 series II a while back at a very reasonable price. I am used to Cat controls, even the Case 680 we used to have where I used to work had Cat controls, but for some reason someone either ordered my 416 with Case controls or it was converted. Everything seems to be @ss backwards to me as far as the backhoe controls are concerned, I simply want to convert it to Cat controls asap, is there anyone who has done this and is there a place I can get the controls I need without going broke to do it. I can do it myself if I just had the parts, as I do my own work on all the other equipment I own. In the meanwhile I need to dig a few test holes, but the boom swing foot pedals seem to be sticking and is very frustrating when your trying to be precise. What do I have to do to alleviate this problem. i would really appreciate any help anyone can throw my way. By the way it's an extend a hoe. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1D Grade2015-09-05 15:25

    Cat will have a kit but you'll probably pay a pretty penny for it. Ive seen kits on Ebay being sold, not sure about quality or anything. How much time have you had on Case controls? I havent had alot but the more I spend on them, the more I like em.

  2. #2pwking132016-01-07 23:45

    Mine also has an extra lever for the extend-a-hoe, life would be simply easier with just 2 levers than 4.

  3. #3RonG2016-01-08 04:36

    I have a fondness for Case controls,especially years ago when I smoked a pipe as the swing function freed up my hands to tend to my pipe and anyone that has smoked a pipe knows they are always going out so you will need to light it as part of the "tending"before you can get your nicotine. I would take the time to learn to use what you have now.Over the years I have run Cat excavators and John Deere backhoes for the same company and it is no time at all before you don't even think about it,in fact thinking about it is what gets you in trouble so don't have a resentment towards the machine,just show that you are an "operator"and meet the machines on their own terms,show them what you are made of.Ron G