Is there a cheaper source for the Caterpillar 416 backhoe? Serial # 5PC06561 ( yeah it's an old one)
Cheaper than what.?
For what exactly? Depending on what is needed, I have found Broken Tractor to be cheaper for the most part, on anything I needed. I rebuilt some Case stabilizers recently and had bushings and pins coming from Amazon, EBay and Broken Tractor. Never again, should have got everything from Broken Tractor as some of the quality on the other stuff, to be lacking.
Cheaper than the cat manual online and it is saying they only go back to the 516C
sorry the words "service manual" did not make it to the first post.
That is not correct AFAIK, but I can’t get into the publications web site to confirm that. I will take a look around and find some publication references that you can search for in online marketplaces. For a machine the age of yours there ought to be something used for sale somewhere out there. Generally an Operation/Maintenance Manual is priced new at $50-60, a Parts Manual around $130, and a full-blown service manual anything from $500-up.
OK, here we go........... these are specific for your Serial Number 5PC06561. Built May 1988 BTW. Operation & Maintenance Manual - SEBU6232 Parts Manual - SEBP1843. You can also register at avspare.com and get free access to this manual. Service Manual - SENR3160 (will contain a copy of SEBU6232 when complete). SENR3160 is an eye-watering $1,240 in paper form, or $880 in pdf format on a CD. See this eBay link for a used paper copy at a much more acceptable price. The only question for the seller - is it 100% complete as per the list on the contents page that is shown in one of the seller's photos.?
https://www.scribd.com/document/486929883/Backhoe-Loaders Create an account and get 30 days free. Then download this ^^
That document is only the contents list, not the full manual.
sorry
I had already looked on scribd for all three of the recommended manuals and come up empty. Also FYI there are downloaders available on the interweb that will pull a document from scribd without the need for a subscription, even a trial one. Here is a LINK to one that I have found works well.