Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416B fuel filter

Timeout · 2023-10-21 09:41

I want to change fuel filter on Cat 416B. Serial number is 8SG08865. Went to Cat dealer and they listed fuel and water seperator, but no fuel filter element. The fuel filter housing has Lucas Made in UK stamped on top. Any information on correct part would be greatly appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1Timeout2023-10-21 09:58

    Here is a photo of fuel filter.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2023-10-21 18:44

    I don’t have the p# in front of me BUT if u get the WIX filter, make 100% sure u put the top oring UP IN THE FILTER HEAD.. not ON THE FILTER.. It looks like it goes “ON” the filter but it doesn’t.. Good luck

  3. #3Dave Neubert2023-10-21 21:08

    33166 Wix

  4. #4Timeout2023-10-30 11:10

    Got the new Wix filter and proceeded to install. Upon disassembly of filter I discovered that it was a sediment bowl that was half full of crud. Cleaned and reinstalled using one of the new O rings from new filter kit. Was the new cartridge filter made to replace the sediment bowl? There was a plastic piece attached to the metal housing that I didn't dare mess with for fear of making the whole part unusable.

  5. #5Delmer2023-10-30 17:38

    Is the new filter that you have taller than the existing filter? I'm not sure I understand the question, but your picture does look a little shorter than expected. The filter can be used with a sediment bowl, or just the bottom cover, it takes a shorter bolt with just the bottom cover. I'm not sure what the plastic piece attached to the metal housing is.