I have a CAT 416B 5800 hours - 1995 model. I was using it to pick up posts to the vertical position. It curled up the first two with the loader bucket and a the third wit curled about 1/3 of the way and started to drift back down when the lever was pulled to curl. I have not tried to put the bucket on the ground and curl down to see if it will pick up back front end. I have tried to hold 4 in 1 bucket lever while curling up and it did not make a difference. The self leveling rod was disconnected many years ago. Could I have jarred the switch making it think it is always above level letting bucket drift down? All other hydraulics work as they should. Any help would be appreciated.
Cat 416Bloader bucket will not curl up with a load Without a load it will curl real slow unless you curl all the wasy down then you need to use the ground start it curling then the hydraulics will slowly curl it.
I would guess blown piston seal in the cylinder. You could try reversing the two hoses if possible to rule out any valve issues.
If you leave the control in the hold position will it hold the load without drifting?
CAT 416Bloader bucket will not curl up with a load The bucket will hold and not drift with a load unless you try to curl it up then it will drift down. Thanks!
Ah, not piston seals then, port relief valve?
Is that relief valve where the resolvers, etc. are located? Remove right rear and access thru there? You think it is just stuck or should just replace relief valve and be done with it...?? Thanks, Aaron