Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416C 4X4 not working

ts360 ยท 2023-09-12 14:43

The 4x4 just quit working one day. With all of the tires off of the ground, the front ones spin but with no power at all. The only testing that Ive done is verify that there is no blown fuses. Ive read some other posts where people have had problems with a solenoid or the wiring to it. Can anyone describe where this solenoid is located and how it can be accessed? I have a repair manual but I haven't been able to find anything in it so far. Thank you for reading and for any advice.

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2023-09-12 14:46

    Lots of 416C models. Please post a Serial Number to narrow the field down.

  2. #2ts3602023-09-12 16:15

    The serial number is 1WR04205. Thanks

  3. #3ts3602023-09-16 20:25

    Machine serial number is 1WR04205

  4. #4Nige2023-09-22 14:53

    Sorry I never saw your response. I have sent you an electrical schematic. Attached the parts drawing of your transmission with the AWD solenoid valve circled.

  5. #5heymccall2023-09-22 15:14

    With all 4 wheels off ground, does 4wd work? If so, the clutches are gone.

  6. #6ts3602023-09-22 21:01

    Thank you very much, I'll have a look at them

  7. #7ts3602023-09-22 21:02

    No it doesn't act any differently in 2wd vs 4wd

  8. #8ts3602023-10-27 11:56

    I just wanted to post the resolution to this for me in case someone is looking into the same problem. Once I knew what I was looking for from that parts drawing of my transmission and Identified the 4wd solenoid valve I discovered a broken wire to it causing my issue. I was going to try to remove the coil to repair the wire but it fell apart when I was trying to get it off. I was able to avoid buying the whole solenoid and just replaced the coil. The part number for the coil for my machine is 130-0013. Thanks again Nige for the schematic and parts drawing.

  9. #9pepesm322025-08-07 15:23

    What was the process in taking the coil off. I see the coil, but no bolts?

  10. #10Nige2025-08-07 15:32

    Check the two attachments above. There is a large nut (#1 on the illustration) on the end of the solenoid valve. Remove that and the coil should slide off the centre part of the valve.