I have a 416 C that is a good running cat, but however today when I jumped in it to start it fired right up at idle as usual;However this time while idling I left the few water trap knob open (forgot to close before starting). It died after about 2min and now it won’t start. I’m assuming I got air in the lines by leaving the peacock open on the water trap. It turns over, but no fire. I’ve closed everything and tried to turn and then purged the water trap, however, still no fire. Any suggestions? I’m new with diesels/heavy equipment. Appreciate all the help in advance.
Loosen the fuel inlet line on the inj. pump..& if it has a hand primer or electric supply pump, work it until fuel gets to the pump inlet line and tighten.. Next loosen ALL the injector lines a turn or two.. Now spin the engine until u get ful squirting out of the loosened lines and tighten.. It should start now.. Good luck
Speaking of opening injection lines.... When working with line fittings, a set of flare nut wrenches (regular and crowfoot) has prevented me from damaging the fitting nut. Especially for a fitting that has been in place for 20-30 years. For one or two machine owners, a set of wrenches means only a few different sizes.
Amen to that hoss.. Anyone w a Craftsman tool kit & a hammer thinks they have “tools”..lol
I had a boss in the late 80's that said he could fix anything with just a few tools... this was also the guy that said he repaired tanks while bullets were bouncing of them . Needless to say, you learned real quick that anything he said should go in one ear and out the other.
No backyard hack has a complete tool kit without at least 2 pair of good rusty Visegrips...
I've been in places where a person called himself a mechanic if he possessed a couple of crescent wrenches, a pair of vice grips, assorted screwdrivers, & a hammer........
Gonna have to spring for a bigger tool box, maybe a milk crate...Oh and don't forget the hundred mph tape....
That's funny, that's exactly the kit I carry on the hoe while I'm working. Plus a mini hacksaw, electrical probe, electrical tape, and tie wire. Oh, and tire plugs. The things I've fixed... (if temporarily) And then a shovel, machete and chain but that's for the work at hand.