Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416c Transmission removal

Simi21 ยท 2021-04-02 23:06

Hello, I've searched the forum for a basic rundown on removing the transmission of a Cat 416C but didn't find a thread on it. I have the floor plate off the top and know the machine needs a minimum of 36" from the floor to the bottom of the step to slide out. Does the hydraulic pump need to be removed off the back of the tranny ? I have decent mechanical ability but don't want to waste time taking things apart that don't need to. The local Cat service manager told Me theres almost nothing in the service manual concerning removal. I do have a heavy truck truck transmission jack. Any tips would be greatly. Thanks. Shawn

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2021-04-03 09:44

    Got a Serial Number.? There may be something hidden in the system somewhere.

  2. #2Simi212021-04-03 15:00

    5YNO5618 Thanks

  3. #3Nige2021-04-03 16:01

    Is it Direct Drive or Powershift.?

  4. #4Simi212021-04-03 21:29

    Direct Drive. 4 wheel drive

  5. #5Nige2021-04-04 11:49

    He was right. The photos are awful dark and probably don't help unless you know what you're looking at in the first place. The R&I procedure for the D-Series machine has much better photos, so here are both. Hopefully a combination of the two will help you get the transmission out & back in again successfully. And yes, the implement pump does have to come off first.

  6. #6Simi212021-04-04 15:25

    Thank You Very Much !