View attachment untitled.bmp Hey, I have recently purchased a used Cat 420D It, I have had this dream for a while and I decided now or never. So the machine is in pretty good shape. It has 3500 hrs with as of now no known issues. The reason for this post is I want to know what I should be doing to keep it from getting issues. First off, it is currently being used for snow clearing only, I have 4 pretty big commercial lots I take care off. It has a weldco Beales Power Angle Blade. So after purchase I have changed: Main engine oil front diff oil Rear diff oil (this week) Final Drive oil transmission fluid all associated filters Both Fuel/water seperators I would like some operating tips, I do let the engine warm for at a minimum 10 mins. How do I warm up the hydraulic fluid? How long of a cool down do I give the engine before shut down? I do road the machine for approx 10-15 kms every week to week and a half from Dec-April. I have greased the **** out of the front loader after every use, is this really necessary? I also greased the **** out of the hoe and now that it's not in use until summer can I just forget about it, or should I operate it every now and then to keep from ceasing up? Also is it just two u joints that require greasing underneath? And I can't find the grease nipple for the life of me on the front control arms... Any pointers and things you guys do to keep her going strong and reliable are greatly appreciated. I would love a maint. Manual as well....any pdf's on the go? Thanks a million King
no shuch thing as too much grease and if your smart you will oil spray it! as far as nipple's go i own case. my tie rod's don't have any good luck .as i say if it's got **** or tire's nothing but grief and agravation tb