Wondering if any have information on this line? CAT 420D Backhoe. Sitting in the drivers seat, this is the right side of the engine. (Probably figured that out.) Have a leak on it. Traced back, it looks to go from the transmission to here like a transmission cooler. Thanks for any info.
Do they look like the ones in the illustration below.? A Serial Number would confirm the correct Part Number for your hose. There are probably half a dozen different models of 420D.
Thanks. That looks just like it. I'll get the serial though. I'm tempted to cut and coupling it 'cause it doesn't appear to be high pressure. It's attached from the factory with a screw clamp at the cooler.
I'd seen that on the parts list and thought to myself - "I wonder if it's the hose clamp that's leaking?" I'll wait on your Serial Number before quoting Part Numbers.
Full PIN: CAT0420DTFDP21453 Thanks.
Slighlty different illustration for your machine. Attached the parts break down.
Thanks. Really appreciate the information. I currently cut and coupled it together today. The hose just appears to be reinforced rubber hose. Not what I would call a true "hydraulic" hose. I cut it with ordinary PVC pipe cutters, put a brass polyethylene pipe coupling in it, and tightened with screw clamps on both sides. Some pictures if it helps anyone. Picture one shows the hose after I cut it where the pinhole leak was. Picture two shows the insert coupling installed on one side.