Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 420e Troubleshooting Help

nick_bowman ยท 2015-02-19 03:30

I have a Cat 420e Backhoe that I can't get to start, I'm relatively new to troubleshooting heavy equipment and need some serious help. It won't start, found a bad solenoid for the starter and changed it no problem, didn't fix anything. I get power to the cab and everything but the fuel lift pump and starter. Tested the starter and it's fine, same with the pump. I have no wiring diagram or anything to go off of because of my current shop situation. I also don't get any power to the horn which seems to be on the same circuit as the fuel lift pump. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952015-02-19 07:01

    Welcome to the Forums Nick!:drinkup This is a Nige question.

  2. #2Nige2015-02-19 07:06

    As Nick's a new member he can't get PMs yet. I've emailed him for a Serial Number.

  3. #3jimcolo2015-04-02 13:54

    Does anyone know on a 420E extend a stick, what would cause the extend a stick to all of a sudden not retract but would extend. Now it is fully extended and won't retract even with down pressure. I've pulled the plate on the end and don't se anything out of place.