Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 420f Joystick aux Fault

RnR LAMF ยท 2023-03-16 11:31

Hello everyone Im working on a Cat 420f Backhoe s/n jwj01987 its intermittently throwing voltage codes for the extendahoe/aux switches. They will randomly work sometimes then not, I think I may have a wiring issue but I don't have a schematic, checked all fuses and relays. The codes i'm working with are 2530-3, 2530-4, 2530-8, and 2531-3, 2530-4, 2530-8 If anyone has a schematic or some troubleshooting help here that would be most appreciated!

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2023-03-16 12:33

    For Diagnostic Codes, -3 indicates voltage above normal, -4 voltage below normal, and -8 abnormal signal frequency or pulse width. The fact you have all three Codes on both Left (2530) and Right (2531) thumbwheel position sensors would suggest the possibility of a wiring fault somewhere. I'll send you a schematic. If you need specific troubleshooting information for any/all the Codes you have, please ask.

  2. #2RnR LAMF2023-03-16 13:18

    Excellent thanks Nige!