Hello, I was wondering if anyone had a block heater on a 426 Cat backhoe? Would like to know what side of the engine it is on and which freeze plug? Mine has the 4-236 perkins. Thanks, YC
its on the left side right behind the injection pump on mine. i was just thinking the other day what a good thing it is that it's in that spot. i don't think you can get any of the other covers open when the loader is down and the engine won't start. mine is an 87 426 with a perkins.
Hello, Thanks for the note. Is your heater in the first freeze plug directly rear of the injector pump. Mine has a fuel filter assembly there but perhaps I need to remove that and put the heater under it. Pretty tight in there. Thanks for the help. YC
i think my fuel filter is on the other side of the engine. i will try to take a pic tommorow if you want.
these might help. look at teh Bottom URL first http://www.phillipsandtemro.com/userfiles/file/ZEROSTART_2012_CATALOG(1).pdf http://www.hotstart.com/assets/PDF/fpseries216061-043.pdf Page 66ish http://fivestarmanufacturing.com/getdoc/2c8a6911-c214-4190-9059-d6aaa10fe527/DC12.aspx
Mine has a fuel filter on each side of the engine. The one on the left side being a little ways behind the injector pump. If you could take a picture of yours I would be curious of the position of the heater. Thanks, YC
right behind the injection pump. it is even plugged in for you. it dosen't look too cramped to me but i spent the day changeing spark plugs on my s10.
Hey thanks for sending the picture. It is a huge help. My starter is getting weak so I may have to pull that anyway. Looks like it would be the time to change it. it looks like the same brand of heater I have on my 1466 IH. Thanks again for the help. YC
i just bought this backhoe. the guy i bought it from just put a new starter on it because he thought it was bad. turned out a resolver valve had crap in it and was callign for pressure and the pump was putting a drag on the engine during start up. so before you buy a starter you may want to take yours off and have it checked. just an idea.
I am doing this installation. I am using a Temro heater 3100013 which is for the smaller 1.25" hole. If you get this one, you will probably want a plug longer than the 12" one included.
There are only the two choices for Temro cords to fit this heater. The one that comes with it at 12" or 3600004 at 60".