Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 426 Backhoe shut off after 2 hours of run time

TCAT426 ยท 2017-06-29 09:44

Hi ,, I'm new to this site ,but have been reading some of the post here and have found very helpful information. I have a late 80s Cat 426 back hoe with a Perkins 4.236 . I have replaced the fuel filters and installed a new mechanical fuel pump. I have cleaned the fuel injectors and fuel lines. Bleed the air out and am able to start the machine. It runs good and will stay running for exactly 2 hours, ( I have time it the last six time I started it up) then it shuts off like it's out of fuel, and will not start back up until I bleed the air air from the system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Billrog2017-06-29 11:24

    It sounds like it's possible the breather is plugged up not allow air into the fuel tank.

  2. #2TCAT4262017-06-29 13:06

    I have cleaned that line out as well , when I drained the fuel and cleaned the tank