Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 430D fuel injection pump

JRuffryders0930 ยท 2014-09-17 08:54

i was just looking over my 2004 cat 430d and I noticed fuel coming out of the pin hole on the injection pump I also have a 420d so I looked to make sure that hole is suppose to be there and it is. do I need to get a new injection pump and is there another way to fix it. it only happens while it is running of course. please help. thank you joe

Replies5
  1. #1thepumpguysc2014-09-18 04:58

    That's a "tell-tale" hole, telling you the front seals are bad.. Unfortunatly, the seals and drive shaft bearing are the first to get put into the pump and then the rebuild starts.. inother words.. The pump has to be completely disassembled to get to the seals.. The pump is totally rebuildable, no need to get a new one..

  2. #2JRuffryders09302014-09-19 11:22

    Thanks for the info. I tried calling the dealer and they said there is no rebuild kit available for the fuel injection pump. is there another place I can try

  3. #3thepumpguysc2014-09-19 12:10

    Its a Delphi pump right? 9320A213G ??? OR a Stanadyne?? Gonna need #'s off the name plate on the pump.. Parts are available for either 1... Stanadyne pump has to come all the way down to change the seals.. Delphi does not.. Removal of either from the engine requires DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS!!!

  4. #4JRuffryders09302014-09-19 13:54

    Yes it is a Delphi. The big boss just told me to order a whole new pump. Guess he has money to spend. That's ok with me. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it

  5. #5thepumpguysc2014-09-19 14:27

    Must be nice..lol Seals cost 22.68 each- need 2.. pump cost 12-1600.00