I am positive I am just being dense or missing something stupid. I haven't taken the 4 in 1 bucket off in at least 3 years. First quick hydraulic coupling popped right off. The 2nd needed penetrating oil and an embarrassing amount of time to get broke free. Like I was beside myself there for a bit. Then I went to slide the little red locking tab and push the top of the button down and I do not get the satisfying clunk of the pins releasing. What did I do or not do? What do I need to check. This is so dumb. I recall when I got some replacement quick couplers the guy telling me sometimes people think these push on styles are a bear. I told him I hadn't had any trouble...derp. Give it time I guess. The button does work. I couldn't remember the procedure and I pushed it when the 4 in 1 bucket was still hooked up and it opened it up when I slid the red deal and pushed the button down. Help?
Well without seeing the coupler you probably have frozen pins like you've had before. 3 years is a long time for the QC to not get exercised. Probably have to rinse and repeat the penetrating oil and time again. In the future I'd suggest exercising the coupler at least once a month.