Had a leak on control valve pump that bolts to engine runs front drum the middle controls propel and end vibe ...leak was at top where the rod connects the propel and drum so they stay in time .....ok in pulling the spool the sleeve came out too and its a groove in sleeve on bottom does that have a pin or does it sit on anything ...reason I'm asking is now the drum turns slow and the propel is pushing or say digging turning way to fast and the linkage between the 2 pumps never changed just resealed the spool and sleeve the pump serial number is 1052282 yes I called caterpillar and got run a round Parts diagram doesn't help nor does et
did you remove the lever from the shaft? if you did ,did you mark its position in relation to the shaft there is a procedure to adjust using pressure gauges Mark
No sir ....I didn't . only lever on this pump is connecting lever for linkage ...Send me procedure so I can make sure we are talking about same shaft and sleeve
are we on the same page
yes sir we are ...
procedure to check linkage
I think I found the problem part 72 spool is turning part 65 sleeve in housing there forth pressure is different all the time....so both are moving instead of the spool forward and reverse after pulling them both out I see rough places on sleeve on the outside ....
...ok new parts arrived and machine is better ...but drum turns slighty faster .....