Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 446B working

Cat 328d lcr ยท 2010-04-12 09:16

Thought the backhoe fans would of like to see this YouTube - Cat 446B leveling ground

Replies5
  1. #1VP12010-04-19 17:58

    How hard is it to find parts for these machines, the Cat 466B? I am currently looking at purchasing a 1991 with 5000 hrs, dealer tells me boom has tendency to creep left when not in use, got me to wondering if these machines are common, parts readily available?

  2. #2JS580SL2010-04-19 18:46

    Boom creeping on a B series is typical. My dads old 416B did it and a friends 426B did it. Very problematic machine. Hoe that big, 710D deere much better. Know some one who has one well over 12,000hours all original and never a problem. Im sure Burnout could throw some valuable insight in on the 710's.

  3. #3Cat 328d lcr2010-06-24 22:34

    YouTube - Cat 446B moving road plates YouTube - Cat 446B digging

  4. #4245dlc2010-06-24 22:59

    I'm not Burnout but the 710D's and newer are really good machines at least what I have found in my experience. I think the C series and older had the hydraulic pump in the transmission which from what I have heard caused a lot of pump failures. I also liked the "feel" of the controls in the 710D I found that the 426 and 416 Cat's were a lot more jerkier.

  5. #5cummins052010-06-27 04:30

    Burnout likes his case TLB's but he was sighted driving a JD around Edmonton not to long ago with a grin on his face lol I like the JD myself I ran a 610g fwa I hate TLB's but if I have to run one that would be my choice again.