Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 450E

kodiakman178 · 2025-05-22 21:28

Trying to push some trees over with my machine but when I put the hoe against the tree it just feels like a dead fish, kinda like when you move the arm left or right pushing a pile and it just stops. No problems or lack of power when I’m digging. Could this be a clogged filter or blockage in a line? What do yall think any suggestions would be great

Replies2
  1. #1Deimos2025-05-22 23:26

    Perhaps your tree is so strong that the line bypass valves simply open? Crawler excavators have a crane option (heavy lift), and without turning on this function it is impossible to lift anything heavy, although the excavator digs normally.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-05-23 07:29

    Check your hydraulic oil level. If I’m low on oil, I find when I’m pushing up high with the hoe, it’s a little weak.