Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 508 skidder

timbersalvage ยท 2013-03-10 22:34

Hello I have a cat 508 skidder and i found that there maybe some small dia copper lines from the transmission valve to various places on the bellhousing are disconnected. I just replaced the charge pump because it failed and i would like to return the machine to its original configuration. The shop man. is very vague and the parts man. refers to them as tubes.does anyone have any thoughts or ideas what thes lines are for and where they originate and terminate? any help would be great.

Replies2
  1. #1lg junior2013-03-11 21:56

    If I remember correctly the 508 doesn't have a cat transmission. I believe it is a Funk transmission. You might try getting in touch with a Funk dealer they might be able to help.

  2. #2timbersalvage2013-03-13 23:14

    thanks lg but is there any way to verify that the shop manual makes no refrence to it. theres a tag on top but i cant see anything on it cause the hydraulic tank is about 1 inch above it